We got to stay at Valleyfair, Minnesota for a week and went into the park daily. Going to the same park for a week straight seemed like a fun idea, but the novelty wore off within a few days, but we decided to make the most of it. On our 3rd day there, we decided to do all the rides alphabetically. We used Valleyfair’s website to find the order and completed the challenge.
Joel’s (14) favorite thrill ride was Steel Venom. It’s an under-the-track launch coaster. It launches you out of the station, up a spike of track, back through the station, and up another spike of track. It does this five times before stopping you in the station.
Zac’s (11) favorite ride was the Ripple Rapids. It’s located in Soak City, Valleyfair’s water park, and is a cool and calming lazy river. Unlike other lazy rivers, this one has no sprayers or water dumping on you, so it is perfect for relaxing in.
Ian’s (9) favorite thrill ride was Wild Thing. Standing 207 feet tall, this is the park’s tallest and state’s fastest roller coaster. It has a 60-degree drop with lots of hills and airtime. This coaster has no inversions making it perfect for people who don’t like inversions.
Here are a few questions you might have about Valley Fair: (of course, you can always check their website for specific details at ValleyFair.com)
Are there height restrictions for specific rides or attractions?
Yes, there are height restrictions for the amusement rides and attractions at ValleyFair amusement park. These restrictions are in place to ensure the safety of all guests. While the specific height restrictions can vary depending on the ride, here are some examples:
1. Wild Thing: Riders must be at least 48 inches tall to ride.
2. Renegade: Riders must be at least 48 inches tall to ride.
3. Steel Venom: Riders must be at least 52 inches tall to ride.
4. Corkscrew: Riders must be at least 48 inches tall to ride.
5. Power Tower: Riders must be at least 48 inches tall to ride.
These are just a few examples, and there are many more rides and attractions at ValleyFair with their own height restrictions.
Safety is a top priority at ValleyFair, and the height restrictions are enforced by park staff to ensure the well-being of all guests.
Are there lockers available for storing personal belongings?
Yes, Valley Fair provides lockers for guests to store their personal belongings. These lockers are available for rent at various locations throughout the park. The lockers are convenient for storing items such as bags, jackets, souvenirs, and other belongings while enjoying the park’s attractions and rides.
The rental fees for lockers at Valley Fair Amusement Park may vary, and they are typically available in many different shapes and sizes to accommodate various storage needs. It is advisable to bring some cash or a credit card for the locker rental fee, as the specific payment options may vary. Also, some rides at the Valley Fair may have small storage bins at the ride station so you can temporarily store belongings while on rides.
Can I bring outside food and drinks to Valley Fair?
Valley Fair has specific policies regarding outside food and drinks. Outside food and beverages, including coolers, are generally not allowed in the park, however, there are exceptions for guests with special dietary needs and infants.
Guests with specific dietary restrictions due to food allergies, medical conditions, or religious reasons can usually bring their own food. You should contact ValleyFair directly or check their official website for the current policies and any necessary documentation or procedures for bringing in outside food for dietary reasons.
Infant food and formula are typically allowed, but glass containers are prohibited. Baby food may also be available for purchase at some food locations within the park.
Is there a designated area for nursing mothers or baby-changing facilities?
Yes, ValleyFair provides designated areas for nursing mothers and baby-changing facilities. These areas are designed to provide a comfortable and private space for nursing mothers and have changing tables for parents to attend to their infants’ needs.
Although none of our kids are young enough to need these services, we did notice them throughout Valley Fair.
The specific locations of these facilities may vary over time, but they are often found within or near the restrooms throughout the park. The park map or guest services can provide you with the exact locations.
ValleyFair strives to provide a safe outdoor fun, family-friendly environment and accommodate the needs of parents with young children. If you have any specific concerns or questions about nursing or baby facilities, you should contact Valley Fair directly or consult their official website for the most up-to-date information.
Are there options for guests with disabilities or special needs?
Yes, ValleyFair aims to provide a positive experience for all guests, including those with disabilities or special needs. The theme park also offers a variety of accommodations and services to ensure accessibility and inclusivity. Some of the options available for guests with disabilities or special needs may include:
1. Accessible Parking: Designated parking spaces closer to the entrance for guests with disabilities.
2. Wheelchair and stroller rentals: Wheelchairs and strollers are available for rent at the park.
3. Accessibility for attractions: Many rides and attractions at ValleyFair are accessible to guests with disabilities. However, certain large and small attractions may have specific guidelines or restrictions.
4. Special access programs: ValleyFair may offer programs for guests with disabilities, such as the Boarding Pass Program, which allows individuals to enjoy attractions without waiting in the standard queue lines. Details about these programs can be obtained from guest services.
5. Emotional support animals: ValleyFair generally permits properly trained and controlled service animals for guests with disabilities. However, emotional support animals may have different guidelines, so it’s recommended to contact the park in advance for specific information.
6. Assistance and accessibility guides: Valley Fair typically provides accessibility guides that offer information on ride access, seating and food options, accommodation procedures, and other important details for guests with disabilities.
Can I bring my sunscreen or must I buy it at the park?
Yes, guests can bring their own sunscreen to Valley Fair. Applying sunscreen regularly throughout the day is recommended, especially when outdoors and exposed to the sun. Bringing sunscreen can help ensure you have a preferred brand or type that suits your needs.
However, it’s always a good idea to review the park’s policies or check their official website for any specific guidelines or restrictions regarding sunscreen. Valley Fair may have specific rules regarding the size or packaging of sunscreen containers for safety or convenience.
If you forget to bring sunscreen or run out during your visit, most parks usually have retail shops or kiosks where you can purchase sunscreen. These locations typically offer various options to meet your sun protection needs.
To ensure it’s accurate, consult the official Valley Fair website or contact guest services for the most up-to-date information on their sunscreen policies.
Are there any height or weight restrictions for the water attractions?
Various water attractions at Valley Fair’s Soak City typically have height and weight restrictions. These restrictions are in place to ensure the safety of all guests. While the specific restrictions can vary depending on the attraction, here are some general guidelines:
1. Water slides: Different water slides may have different height and weight requirements. Some slides may have a minimum height requirement, such as 48 inches (122 cm), while others may require guests to be a certain weight or size to ensure a safe ride.
2. Wave pools: In the wave pool, guests less than 52″ tall in bare feet or those who are inexperienced or non-swimmers are required to wear a life jacket. Children less than 42″ tall in bare feet must wear a life jacket and be accompanied by a supervising companion.
3. Lazy rivers: Lazy rivers typically do not have height or weight restrictions, as they are more relaxed attractions.
Additionally, lifeguards and park staff are present all day at the water attractions to ensure the safety of all guests and enforce any restrictions or guidelines.
Are there any nearby hotels or accommodations for visitors?
Yes, there are several nearby hotels and accommodations for visitors to ValleyFair in Minneapolis. Here are a few options:
1. Staybridge Suites Minneapolis-Maple Grove: Located approximately 5 miles from ValleyFair, this hotel offers suites with kitchens, complimentary breakfast, and an indoor pool.
2. Best Western Eden Prairie Inn: About 7 miles from ValleyFair, this hotel features standard guest rooms, complimentary breakfast, an indoor pool, and a fitness center.
3. Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Shakopee, MN: Situated around 2 miles from ValleyFair, this hotel provides comfortable rooms, a continental breakfast, an indoor pool, and a fitness center.
4. Shakopee Travelodge: This budget-friendly option is located less than a mile from ValleyFair and offers standard guest rooms, complimentary breakfast, and free parking.
5. AmericInn by Wyndham Shakopee Near Canterbury Park: Approximately 3 miles from ValleyFair, this hotel offers modern rooms, free breakfast, an indoor pool, and a hot tub.
These are just a few examples, and other options may be available. You should check travel websites, review sites, or contact the hotel directly for availability, rates, and any specific amenities or services you may need.
Can I bring my pet with me to ValleyFair?
No, pets are not allowed inside the ValleyFair amusement park, however, there are a few exceptions: Service animals like guide or assistance dogs are typically permitted in the amusement park. These animals must be properly trained and controlled by their handler at all times.
For guests who wish to bring their pets, ValleyFair offers customers a Kennel Service. You can leave your pet at the on-site kennel for your visit. You should contact ValleyFair directly or check their official website for more information on the kennel service, including availability, pricing, and specific requirements.
Remember to plan and make necessary arrangements for your pet’s care if you can’t bring them to the park. Reviewing the park’s policies or contacting guest services for any questions or concerns regarding pets and their accommodations at ValleyFair is always a good idea.
Can I purchase souvenirs at Valley Fair?
Yes, you can purchase souvenirs at Valley Fair. The amusement park also typically has various merchandise shops, stores, and kiosks where you can find a range of different shapes of souvenirs to commemorate your visit. These souvenirs may include t-shirts, hats, keychains, magnets, plush toys, and more.
The exact selection of souvenirs may vary, so exploring the merchandise locations within the park is recommended during your visit. Additionally, suppose you have a specific item or souvenir in mind. In that case, you can inquire at guest services or check the ValleyFair website to see if it’s available or if there are any special promotions regarding souvenirs.
Purchasing a souvenir can be a great way to remember your experience at ValleyFair and bring home a memento of your visit.
Are there any thrill rides suitable for younger children or those who may be apprehensive about intense rides?
ValleyFair amusement park offers a range of thrilling rides and roller coatsers with varying intensities, from mild to more intense experiences. The amusement park also has attractions that are suitable for younger children or those who prefer rides with a less intense thrill. It’s recommended to check the amusement park’s official website or contact guest services for specific information on the thrill rides available and their suitability for different age groups or comfort levels.
How many rides are at Valleyfair MN?
With more than 75 rides and attractions, Valleyfair is the Twin Cities’ amusement park where families come to play the Minnesota way! The thrilling rides at Valleyfair are designed for one thing – absolute family fun together! Valleyfair amusement park is also larger than the other amusement parks in Minnesota!
How many roller coasters does Valleyfair Amusement Park have?
Valleyfair Amusement Park has eight towering coasters. These eight roller coasters offer a variety of thrilling experiences for guests. Here is a list of the eight roller coasters that you can find at Valleyfair:
1. Renegade: A wooden roller coaster that provides an exhilarating ride through the park’s wooded areas.
2. Wild Thing: A steel roller coaster that reaches speeds of up to 74 mph and offers breathtaking drops and twists.
3. Excalibur: A steel coaster featuring a twisting and thrilling layout.
4. Steel Venom: A unique inverted impulse coaster that launches riders both forward and backward. If you ride this coaster, it might be your new favorite thrill ride.
5. High Roller: Another wooden roller coaster with an out-and-back configuration and lots of airtime moments.
6. Corkscrew: A looping coaster with 3 inversions and thrilling maneuvers.
7. Mad Mouse: A wild mouse-style coaster that spins and twists through tight turns.
8. Cosmic Coaster: A fun, family-friendly roller coaster designed for younger guests and fun for families to enjoy together.
Is Valley Fair Minnesota a good vacation destination?
Yes, Valleyfair amusement park can be a wonderful family vacation destination, especially for families and thrill-seekers who enjoy amusement park rides and attractions. Here are some factors to consider when determining if Valley Fair Amusement Park is a good vacation destination for you:
1. Variety of rides and attractions: ValleyFair amusement park offers a wide range of rides, including roller coasters, water slides, family-friendly attractions, and live entertainment. This variety ensures that visitors of different ages and interests can have absolute fun!
2. Water park fun: With Soak City Waterpark located within Valleyfair, you can cool off and have fun in the area’s premier waterpark during your visit. Soak City Waterpark features water slides, wave pools, lazy rivers, and other water-based attractions.
3. Family-friendly atmosphere: Valleyfair Amusement Park offers attractions suitable for all ages, making it a suitable destination for families with children. Additionally, the amusement park also often hosts special events and activities tailored to families and kids.
4. Live entertainment: Valleyfair Amusement Park regularly features live shows, concerts, and performances, providing additional entertainment options beyond the rides and attractions.
5. Location and accessibility: Valleyfair amusement park is located in Shakopee, Minnesota, and is easily accessible from the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. Its convenient location makes it a feasible vacation spot for those in the region or those willing to travel to the area.
It’s important to note that individual preferences may vary, so it’s a good idea to consider personal interests, group dynamics, and any specific needs or requirements when deciding if Valleyfair Amusement Park is a good vacation destination for you and your travel companions.
If you love Valley Fair in Minneapolis you also would enjoy Canada’s Wonderland just north of Toronto.