Canada’s Wonderland is the largest amusement and theme park in Canada, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada. This amazing theme park offers a wide range of thrilling rides, including the world’s fastest dive coaster, Yukon Striker. With over 330 acres, Canada’s Wonderland is one of the largest amusement parks in North America.
The park features various themed areas and attractions suitable for all age groups. Families can enjoy Planet Snoopy, a dedicated section with rides and shows based on the world of the beloved Peanuts characters. Canada’s Wonderland also has a water park called Splash Works, providing a refreshing experience with water slides, pools, and splash areas.
In addition to the rides and attractions, Canada’s Wonderland offers live entertainment options like musical performances and street performers. Visitors can also meet and greet characters such as Snoopy and Charlie Brown. The theme park hosts seasonal events and festivals, including Halloween Haunt on weekends in October and WinterFest in December and January, adding to the excitement and family fun throughout the year.
(Affiliate disclosure: If you choose to make a purchase based on a recommendation in this blog post, we may receive a commission at no cost to you. Someone’s gotta pay for the theme park tickets!)
How much does it cost to visit Canada’s Wonderland in 2023?
The cost of visiting Canada’s Wonderland can vary depending on factors such as the age of the visitor and the time of year. There are various admission prices (please note that these prices may change, so it is best to check the official Canada’s Wonderland website for the most up-to-date information):
There may also be discounts available for purchasing tickets online in advance or for certain groups, such as military personnel or large groups. Additionally, parking fees and costs for food, beverages, and souvenirs are not typically included in the admission price.
Are there any age restrictions for certain rides or attractions?
There are age restrictions for certain rides and attractions at Canada’s Wonderland. The park has a variety of rides and attractions suitable for different age groups. Here are some general guidelines:
Some rides have height restrictions to ensure the safety of riders. These restrictions for various heights are typically determined by the ride manufacturer and enforced by the park. Guests must meet the minimum height requirement to be able to ride the specific attraction.
For example, you need to be at least 54 inches to ride the biggest rides at Canada’s Wonderland (like Yukon Striker, Flight Deck, or Behemoth), but only 48 inches to ride Backlot Stunt Coaster.
Canada’s Wonderland height requirements are often due to the intensity or nature of the ride or the harnesses used to secure the riders. The park provides clear signage and staff assistance to help guests identify which attractions are appropriate for their age group.
We recommend getting your kids measured first thing when you walk into the park (ask the ticket scanner where you can get meaured). Once meaured, your kids will receive a colored wrist band which allows them identify which rides they can ride.
There are designated areas with games and rides specifically designed for younger children in Planet Snoopy. These areas provide age-appropriate entertainment and rides for younger guests. There are 10 rides designed for younger kids!
What is the fastest roller coaster in Canada’s Wonderland?
Leviathan reaches 148km/hr (92 mph) and is the fastest roller coaster at Wonderland.
Are there any discounts or promotions available for families?
Canada’s Wonderland often offers discounts and promotions for families. These can vary throughout the season, so it is recommended to check the park’s official website or promotions page for the latest information. Some common types of discounts or promotions that may be available for families include:
1. Family Passes: Canada’s Wonderland may offer discounted pricing for families purchasing passes for a certain number of members. These passes typically provide unlimited admission for a specified period, such as the entire season.
2. Online Discounts: Purchasing tickets online in advance may offer discounted rates compared to buying them at the gate. Canada’s Wonderland often provides online promotions and discounts, especially during the offseason or for specific events.
3. Group Discounts: If you have a large group or are visiting with a school, organization, or certain associations, group discounts may be available. These can provide savings on admission tickets, food, or other services.
4. Season Passes: For families planning on visiting Canada’s Wonderland multiple times in a season, purchasing season passes can be more cost-effective than buying individual tickets. Season passes often come with additional perks and discounts on food, merchandise, and special events.
5. Partner Discounts: Canada’s Wonderland may have partnerships with local businesses or organizations that offer discounts or promotions to their customers or members. These could include discounted tickets or special package deals.
Can you bring your food and drinks into the park?
Canada’s Wonderland has specific policies regarding outside food and drinks. According to the amusement park’s website, guests are not permitted to bring outside food and drinks into the amusement park, with a few exceptions.
– Food and drinks required for specific dietary needs
– Baby food and formula
– Small snacks for children
For guests who require special dietary accommodations due to allergies or medical conditions, Canada’s Wonderland offers a Guest Assistance Pass Program. This program allows guests with dietary restrictions to bring their own food into the park.
Are there any options for vegetarian or vegan food within Canada’s Wonderland?
Canada’s Wonderland offers a variety of options for vegetarian and vegan food. The amusement park has several dining locations that provide plant-based menu items. Some of the vegetarian and vegan options may include:
– Veggie burgers or sandwiches: Canada’s Wonderland has locations that serve vegetarian or vegan burgers and sandwiches made from plant-based ingredients.
– Salads: There are salad options available at certain dining locations in the park. These salads often include fresh vegetables and can be customized to suit vegetarian or vegan preferences.
– Fruit cups and snacks: Canada’s Wonderland has various snack and food stands where guests can find fresh fruit cups, vegetable sticks, and other similar options.
– Specialty dietary food items: The park has several locations that cater to specific dietary needs, including vegetarian and vegan options. These locations may offer gluten-free or allergen-friendly choices as well.
While Canada’s Wonderland does provide vegetarian and vegan choices, it’s always a good idea to check with the specific dining locations for their current menu options or to ask about any special requests you may have.
Are there any shows or entertainment options for families to enjoy?
Canada’s Wonderland offers a variety of shows and entertainment options for families to enjoy during their visit. These shows provide additional entertainment and are included with park admission. Some of the shows and entertainment options that may be available include:
1. Live Musical Performances: Canada’s Wonderland features live musical performances throughout the park. These performances can range from live bands to themed shows and are held at various stages and entertainment areas within the park.
2. Street Performers: Guests may come across street performers and roaming entertainment throughout the park. These performers showcase talents such as acrobatics, magic, comedy, and interactive experiences.
3. Character Meet and Greets: Visitors can meet and greet some of their favourite characters, including those from the Peanuts gang such as Snoopy and Charlie Brown. These character appearances offer fun opportunities for photos and interaction.
4. Spectaculars and Fireworks: During special events or select evenings, Canada’s Wonderland may feature spectacular shows, such as amazing nighttime fireworks displays. These shows add an extra element of wonder and excitement and help create a memorable visit.
It’s important to note that specific shows and entertainment offerings may vary throughout the season and are subject to change. It is advisable to check the park’s official website or consult the park map and show schedule provided during your visit for the most up-to-date information on the shows and entertainment available during your stay at Canada’s Wonderland.
How can we get to Canada’s Wonderland if we don’t have a car?
If you don’t have a car, there are still several transportation options to get to Canada’s Wonderland: (Check for delay details with your travel method when planning your trip).
Our experience is that traveling in Toronto by public transit is not as extensive as traveling by train in Europe, so the most practical method is to take your own vehicle and pay parking.
1. Public Transportation: Canada’s Wonderland is accessible by public transportation. You can take the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) subway to Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Station (Line 1). From there, you can take the TTC Route 20 bus, which operates directly to the entrance of the park during its operating season.
2. Shuttle Services: Some hotels in the Greater Toronto Area offer shuttle services to Canada’s Wonderland for their guests. If you are staying in a hotel, it’s worth checking to see if they provide this service.
3. Ride-Sharing and Taxis: Services like Uber and Lyft operate in the area, and you can use their platforms to request a ride to and from Canada’s Wonderland.
4. Private Bus Services: There are private bus services that provide transportation to Canada’s Wonderland from various locations in and around Toronto. These services may require booking and have specific pick-up and drop-off locations.
Is Canada’s Wonderland still owned by Paramount?
No, Canada’s Largest theme park is no longer owned by Paramount. Paramount Parks owned Canada’s Wonderland from 1993 to 2006 and called it Paramount Canada’s Wonderland until it was acquired by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company. Cedar Fair currently owns and operates Canada’s Wonderland as well as several other amusement parks across North America. The theme park and water park name is no longer affiliated with the Paramount brand.
Are there indoor activities available during rain or thunderstorms?
Yes, Canada’s Wonderland has some indoor activities available during rain or thunderstorms. While the majority of the park’s attractions and rides are outdoors, there are indoor areas where families can seek shelter and enjoy entertainment. Some of the indoor activities and areas that may be available during unfavourable weather conditions include:
1. Shows and Live Entertainment: Canada’s Wonderland typically offers indoor shows and performances throughout the day and night. These can include musicals, dance shows, comedy acts, and more. These shows provide an opportunity for families to stay entertained while seeking refuge from the rain or thunderstorms.
2. Dining and Food Areas: The theme park has various indoor dining options, including restaurants and food courts. Families can take a break from the rain and enjoy a meal or grab a snack inside these covered areas.
3. Shops and Souvenir Stores: Canada’s Wonderland has indoor shops and souvenir stores where families can browse and purchase merchandise, apparel, and other items. Exploring these indoor shops can provide a fun and sheltered activity during inclement weather.
What are the opening and closing times for Canada’s Wonderland?
The opening and closing times for Canada’s Wonderland can vary throughout the season. It is best to check the park’s official website or contact them directly for the most up-to-date information on operating hours.
Is Winterfest at Canada’s Wonderland good for families?
WinterFest at Canada’s Wonderland can be a great experience for families. WinterFest is a special seasonal event held at the park during the winter holiday season, typically from late November to December. It offers a unique and festive atmosphere with holiday lights, decorations, and themed attractions. Here are some reasons why WinterFest at Canada’s Wonderland can be enjoyable for families:
1. Holiday Decorations: The theme park transforms into a winter wonderland with elaborate holiday decorations, including lights, festive displays, and themed areas. Families can enjoy the beautiful sights and capture memorable holiday photos.
2. Festive Entertainment: WinterFest offers a range of amazing live entertainment options suitable for families. There may be musical performances, holiday shows, carolers, and meet-and-greet opportunities with favourite characters like Santa Claus and the Peanuts gang.
3. Seasonal Activities: Canada’s Wonderland provides a variety of seasonal family activities and attractions during WinterFest. Families can enjoy ice skating on a beautifully decorated outdoor rink, ride select attractions that are open during the event, go on a horse-drawn carriage ride, and enjoy seasonal treats and holiday-themed food and beverage offerings.
4. WinterFest Crafts and Activities: The event often includes interactive crafts, such as ornament decorating and cookie decorating stations, where families can engage in creative activities together.
Note that not all roller coasters are open during Winterfest.
What are some facts about Canada’s Wonderland?
Here are some interesting facts about Canada’s Wonderland:
1. Location: Canada’s Wonderland is one of North America’s largest amusement parks and is located in Vaughan, Ontario, just outside of Toronto. It covers an area of over 330 acres.
2. Cedar Fair: Canada’s Wonderland is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, which also owns other prominent theme parks in North America, including Cedar Point and Knott’s Berry Farm.
3. Roller Coasters: The theme park boasts an impressive collection of roller coasters, including Leviathan, one of the tallest and fastest roller coasters in North America. Other notable roller coasters include Behemoth, Yukon Striker, Wilde Beast, and Leviathan.
How Tall Is Leviathan?
The height of the leviathan at Canada’s Wonderland is 306 feet (93.27M). This makes it the tallest right in the park. Leviathan is 5 feet (1.52M) taller than WindSeeker, and 76 feet (23.2M) taller than Behemoth.
4. Water Park: Canada’s Wonderland is home to Splash Works, a large waterpark featuring Mountain bay cliffs, water slides, wave pools, and a lazy river. It offers a fun and refreshing experience during the summer months.
5. Planet Snoopy: Designed for younger children, Canada’s Wonderland has a dedicated area called Planet Snoopy. It features rides such as Snoopy’s racing railway, super soaker, and beagle brigade airfield. Planet Snoopy also has shows, games and attractions based on the world of the popular Peanuts characters.
6. Halloween Haunt: During the Halloween season, Canada’s Wonderland transforms into a haunted attraction called Halloween Haunt. It features haunted mazes, scare zones, and live shows, providing a spooky experience for guests. Planet Snoopy also transforms into Camp Spooky with activities for kids.
7. WinterFest: Canada’s Wonderland celebrates the winter holiday season with WinterFest. The park is adorned with festive decorations, and offers ice skating, holiday shows, and other seasonal activities for families to enjoy.
8. Attendance: Canada’s Wonderland attracts a significant number of visitors each year. It is one of the most visited amusement parks in Canada.
9. Dining: The theme park offers a diverse range of dining options, including quick-service restaurants, themed dining experiences, and various food and snack stands throughout the theme park.
10. History: Canada’s Wonderland opened its gates to the public on May 23, 1981. Since then, it has become one of Canada’s premier amusement parks, known for its thrilling rides and family entertainment.
- Wonder Mountain: Wonder Mountain is not only an iconic landmark within the park (The mountain you see walking into Wonderland) but also serves as the center piece for many attractions. Standing at approximately 330 feet (100 meters) tall, Wonder Mountain is actually an artificial mountain created from steel and fibre glass. It is designed to resemble a natural mountain and features cascading waterfalls, rocky cliff formations, and a network of caves.These are just a few interesting facts about Canada’s Wonderland. The park continues to evolve, introducing new rides, shows, and attractions to provide memorable experiences for visitors of all ages.
What should I pack for a day at Canada’s Wonderland?
When packing for a day at Canada’s Wonderland, consider including the following items:
1. Comfortable Clothing: Wear weather-appropriate clothing, considering the temperature and forecast for the day. Opt for comfortable and breathable attire, such as shorts, t-shirts, or lightweight pants. Don’t forget to bring a light jacket or sweater in case the temperature cools down.
2. Comfortable Footwear: Since you’ll be doing a lot of walking, wear comfortable closed-toe shoes or sneakers. Avoid wearing sandals or high heels, as they may not be suitable for certain rides or attractions.
3. Sun Protection: Bring sun protection essentials, such as sunscreen (apply before entering the park and reapply as needed), sunglasses, and hats to shield yourself from the sun’s rays.
4. Rain Gear: Consider packing a compact umbrella or a lightweight rain poncho in case of rain. This will come in handy if the weather takes an unexpected turn.
5. Bag or Backpack: Bring a small bag or backpack to carry your essentials, such as a water bottle, snacks, sunscreen, wallet, cell phone, and any necessary medications.
6. Water Bottle: Staying hydrated throughout the day is important, especially during warm weather. Bring a refillable water bottle to stay hydrated and save money by refilling it at water fountains or designated refill stations within the park.
7. Extra Clothing: If you plan to go on water rides or visit the water park area, consider packing a change of clothes or a swimsuit and a towel.
8. Cash or Credit Cards: Having some cash and/or credit cards on hand will be useful for purchasing food, beverages, souvenirs, or renting lockers if needed.
9. Snacks: Although there are food options available within the park, you may want to bring some snacks or small meals if you prefer certain dietary choices or have specific dietary restrictions.
10. Identification and Tickets: Ensure that you have your identification, such as a driver’s license or ID card, and any tickets or passes required for entry into the park.
Remember to check the theme park’s website or contact their guest services for any specific guidelines or restrictions on items that are allowed or prohibited within the theme park.
Should I buy fast lane at Canada’s Wonderland?
Whether or not to purchase Fast Lane at Canada’s Wonderland is a personal decision that depends on your preferences, budget, and the circumstances of your visit. Here are some factors to consider:
1. Ride Wait Times: Fast Lane allows you to skip the regular lines and access a shorter, faster-moving line for select attractions. If you are visiting on a busy day and want to maximize your ride time or avoid waiting in long queues, Fast Lane can significantly reduce your wait times and allow you to experience more rides.
2. Budget: Fast Lane is an additional cost on top of your park admission. Consider if the cost of it is within your budget and if the benefits of shorter wait times justify the expense for you and your group.
3. Time of Visit: The crowds vary throughout the season. If you plan to visit on a weekday during the off-peak season (off season is one of our favorite ways to save money while traveling), the regular lines might not be as long, and sometimes daily ticket prices are a bit less. Fast Lane passes may not be as necessary saving the cost on those. Most people arrive when the park opens meaning that the crowds thin out mid to late afternoon, making then a perfect time to ride the coasters with the longest wait times.
4. Ride Priority: Take into account the specific attractions you want to experience. Some popular rides like Tundra Twister may have longer wait times than others, and Fast Lane can help you prioritize those attractions.
5. Group Size: If you are visiting with a large group or have limited time, Fast Lane can help ensure that you can all ride together and make the most of your visit.
Ultimately, the decision to purchase Fast Lane depends on your personal preferences and priorities. Evaluate factors such as ride wait times, your budget, and the overall experience you desire. You may also want to consider the opinions and feedback of others who have used Fast Lane before making your decision.
What is the closest RV Park / Campground To Canada’s Wonderland?
Travel time will depend on time of day and if you choose to take the 407 toll highway.
Unfortunately, there is no free off-grid camping in or near Toronto, and very little in all of Ontario. If you’re visiting other areas of Canada, here are some tips for finding free RV Camping in Canada.
While you are visiting Canada you might be wondering what places you can visit other than just theme parks, so here is a list of some unique places to visit in Canada.
Here are some other Theme Parks we’ve visited and loved: